Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hello First Grade Parents,

Today we had a special visit from our school social worker, Mrs. Amanda Rentmeester.  She came in to speak with our class about working together as a team, cooperating with each other, listening to others' ideas, and respectfully waiting for others.  By involving the students in a team building activity, the students were able to see how to achieve a common goal by working together to solve a problem.  In the activity, the children were asked to try to stack cups to make a pyramid by moving the cups via a string and rubber band.  The task was very tricky, but could be accomplished by working together and trying to solve the problem using different approaches and trying new strategies.  I think that the children learned a lot about working together.  I hope that I got everyone in the photos. I apologize if I missed anyone.








No comments:

Post a Comment